I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.
Sunday School/Bible Study: 9:30 AM; Worship: 10:30 AM (English), 1:00 PM (Dinka)
Welcome to our website. Let us know what you think of it. Resurrection Lutheran is a new mission of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod under the sponsorship of Concordia Lutheran Church, Louisville, Kentucky.Here are a few things you might want to know about us.
- We are dedicated above all else to serving Christ and to bringing His good news of grace to people in need.
- We are small but growing.
- We are all ages and are singles, couples, and families.
- Our worship features rich liturgy, biblical and practical sermons, and the celebration of Holy Communion every Sunday.
- We are faithful to Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions.
- We study Scripture in bible study and Sunday School every week at 9:30 AM.
- We have special evening services at 7:00 on Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Thanksgiving Eve and at 11:30 PM on Christmas Eve.
- We worship in a gorgeous sanctuary featuring a front wall that is entirely stained glass; the narthex, kitchen, and other areas are all newly refurbished.
- In 2013 we received 57 African immigrants from South Sudan as new members. On most Sundays there is a worship service in Dinka at 1:00 PM. Occasionally there is a combined service in English and Dinka at 10:30 AM. Please see the calendar for details.
- We are home to “Kids Against Hunger,” a wonderful charity that packages and ships nutritious dried meals to the starving and hungry throughout the world (see their special page at this website).
- We have a gymnasium for congregation use and for renting to sports groups and others.
- We use our special facilities to offer some unusual activities including a community garden, pottery classes, other classes on a variety of topics, and a free Friday Movie Night once a month.
- We have a fellowship meal after worship on the third Sunday of each month.
- We are now beginning to rennovate the school building. Volunteers who wish to help with this are invited to call (502) 459-9199.
- We love having visitors!